Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Classic Diner


You ever wake up craving something specific? That happens to me sometimes too. This morning I got up and ran almost five miles and after showering and shampooing all I wanted was eggs and homefries. I could have easily gone into my kitchen and prepared them and I usually do but today I really wanted to hold a menu and have someone else do the cooking and serving.

My desination was the Broken Egg on Kempsville Road but when I pulled up the line was out the door. If I didn't have another appointment I probably would have waited because their food is really good. But I was starving and not in the mood to wait. I considered a few other places that I knew of but I didn't want to drive all the way to Great Neck for eggs and homefries. There had to be a place in Kempsville that wasn't a chain, where I could get a good breakfast and not wait half an hour to be seated.

Classic Diner.

Classic Diner is conveniently located in the Providence Square Shopping Center and I like the place. The service is always friendly and quick and the owners are just really nice people. This place is nothing fancy. Don't wait to be seated and don't look for a cloth napkin. It's a diner for goodness sake.

When I walked in all the booths were taken and all but two of the tables were filled and there were a few seats at the counter. They were extremely busy so I was glad to get a seat. I looked at the menu briefly even though I knew exactly what I wanted. I ordered a veggie omelette and homefries with wheat toast.






The omelette was loaded with spinach, onion, green pepper, tomato, mushroom and swiss cheese and the potatoes were perfect. It was so good just to come to an unassuming little place and get a good meal at a good price.


The customers never stopped coming in and by the time I left there was a wait to get a table.



Classic Diner is open seven days a week for breakfast and lunch.


1021 Providence Square Shopping Center
Virginia Beach, VA 23464
(757) 467-3000

Classic Diner on Urbanspoon

No comments: