Pages

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Smokey Bones

It was Friday night and I was hungry and I did not want to order take out and since I was hanging out with my fifteen year old, I really didn't want anything too fancy.

That is how we ended up at Smokey Bones on Greenbrier Parkway in Chesapeake.

This was not my first visit to Smokey Bones and I think one of the reasons I enjoy it is because of the casual atmosphere. It's perfect if you're looking for that sort of thing. There is a large dining area, a large bar area, pool tables and many flat screen televisions. We arrived shortly after 7:00 p.m. and we were faced with a 40-minute wait. That may be typical for a Friday night anywhere. My fifteen year old and I looked at each other, shrugged our shoulders and decided to wait. The waiting area had plenty of comfortable seating and we didn't have anything else to do, so why not?

Once our names were called the hostess led us to our table and let us know that it may be a few minutes before our server arrived. Tyler arrived in less than a few minutes and because the restaurant was so busy we placed our drink and dinner orders at the same time.

Smokey Bones has a wide selection of steaks, burgers, chicken and of course, barbecue. Their menu can be accessed on line. I'm trying to eat a little healthier these days so I ordered the steak and spinach salad. I asked for the steak to be cooked medium and it came out perfectly. The dressing did not overwhelm the greens but I did leave a big pile of onions at the bottom of the plate. My fifteen year old ordered a sampler platter which included a few fried goodies like onion rings, chicken fingers and cheese fries. She ate all the chicken, we shared the rings and she picked at the fries. Including drinks, we spent less than $40 for the two of us. The service was quick and friendly and I always get a kick out of reading the T-shirts that the servers wear. One said: "Nothing is better for meat than a good dry rub. Stop laughing."

I couldn't stop laughing.



1405 Greenbrier Pkwy
Chesapeake, VA 23320
(757) 361-6843
www.smokeybones.com


Smokey Bones on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

Single Mom Seeking said...

Just sending you a big HI, and you're bookmarked if I ever get to Virginia soon on a work trip and get to try new restaurants. I want one of those T-shirts!

LadyLee said...

Now that was a funny t-shirt. And I think we have a Smokey Bones down here in the ATL, if I'm not mistaken...