Pages

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Burtons Grill


I love Burtons Grill so I thought it was about time to update my 2009 review.

After a few hours of shopping on Friday I was in the mood for seafood and I thought Burtons would be a good choice. Their menu is quite varied and I'm sure that Burtons can accommodate whatever it is that you are looking for, whether it be a sandwich, burger, steak or seafood.

The atmosphere in Burtons is comfortable and family friendly but it would also be perfect for a special date night. When we arrived without a reservation we were greeted with a smile and seated immediately. One of the things that I love about Burtons' menu is that the specials are listed right inside the menu and they consist of an appetizer, entree, drink and their special 100th wine. I don't have to wait for the server to explain the specials but they are on hand in the event that I have any questions.

I started the meal with the drink special which was an apple martini. The rim was sugar coated and the drink smelled like apple pie. It was wonderful.

As an appetizer I ordered the she-crab soup.


It was warm and delicious and filled with big lumps of crab. It was not overly seasoned and the flavors of the crab and sherry really came through.


As an entree I ordered the shrimp and lobster pasta


Burtons is not stingy when it comes to portion sizes. The shrimp in this dish were huge and they were cooked perfectly. The lobster was plentiful, sweet and tender. The dish also had tomatoes, snap peas -- which added a beautiful pop of color and a very mild sauce.


We also ordered the shrimp and grits


I've had shrimp and grits in quite a few places around town but never like this. There were five jumbo shrimp served atop a grit cake. The sauce included andouille sausage, corn and green peppers. All those flavors combined were fabulous. The grit cake tasted good but it was a little heavy. Next time I'll know not to order an app if I want to finish this dish.


Our server, Adam was very helpful and attentive. He knew the menu and made many good suggestions. The service was great.

Dining at Burtons is always a good choice. Their menu always includes fresh and local items prepared to perfection. The prices are on the high end, but it is so worth it. If you haven't been to Burtons lately you really need to check it out.



741 First Colonial Road

Virginia Beach, VA 23451

(757) 422-8970



Burtons Grill on Urbanspoon


Burtons Grill LLC on Foodio54

No comments: